Sunday, January 15, 2012

I am new to this blogging thing. I am just figuring it all out again. I did this before but I never updated it so I don't remember how it all works.
In the 5 months I have been here I have had an amazing time bonding with my little guy Kolby. He was born here in Savaii Western Samoa. His Natural mother named him Gaolo so we kept that as his middle name. He is named Kolby Gaolo Toalepai. He is truly a dream come true. He is so genuinely happy. He laughs and smiles all day long. He eats well and sleeps like a champ. I am so proud of him for adjusting in to this new life so well.
I met him when he was only a few days old. Alyn, his parents and I were in Samoa on vacation in Dec of 2010. Alyn's parents were out visiting family and ran upon his family. Prayer are answered in mysterious ways.
Alyn and I went home to the US after deciding the birth mom will travel with him to the states and bring him and we will do the adoption there. What we didn't know was how hard it is to get travelers visa to the states from Samoa. They tried and tried and never could get the visa. So after 8 months of waiting I decided I will come to Samoa and wait with him there until the paperwork is all finished. So here I am.
I got here Aug. 13 when he was 8 months old and had only 1 tooth. He now has 8 teeth and runs around like he's been doing it for years. He stared walking at 10 months and running at 12. He is so busy and hard to keep up with but I am loving it anyway. I wish I was a few years younger but we can't have it all I guess.
When I got here I started out living at Rita's Lodge. It was nice but too expensive. I will post a picture of it now.

No comments: