Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have been in Samoa 5 months to the day. Some days it goes so fast some days will never end. I posted a few pictures of my first few days with Kolby. I wouldn't say it was a success but basic needs were met. He ate and slept pretty well. He cried lots at night but during the day he was seemingly pretty happy. He was a really sick baby when we picked him up from his mom. He threw up a lot and had the runs pretty bad. His natural mother couldn't afford to feed him so she breast fed him until we could come get him. That made the nights pretty long. He didn't understand why I wasn't breast feeding him but it only took 2 weeks of hard nights and since then, he has been an amazing baby. He would only wake up once in the night for a bottle and then up at 5 am. He is an early riser. I'm not but I have adjusted. He had been so resilliant.
My dad used to use this phrase when things weren't going quite right. "make an adjusment" This cute boy has done nothing but adjust like a champion. I love him and his personality so much. Anyone that can go through what he has been through will be able to handle most anything. I pray good things happen for him.

No comments: