Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It is Feb. 2nd here in Samoa. I am sitting in a resort called Vacations. It is in Savaii close to Tanu Beach where I stay. I am here because the internet works here and not at Tanu. Anyway it has been raining like crazy the last few days. I have been pretty sick so we just sit in the room and I lay down while Kolby runs wild. He has such a fun, busy personality. Always needs to be playing with something. His hands are both full at all times. One toy is never enough for him. He needs 2 or more.

This morning it wasn't raining so we went to the beach and played a while. I let him run loose and he picked up every shell and threw it back in the water and laughed at himself. He had such a good time. He will not like leaving here, I'm sure of that. One time a big wave came in and knocked him off his feet and rolled him over. I was right there so no harm done but the shocking look on his face when he sat up was priceless. Like I was the one that knocked him over. I wish I had batteries for my camera I would have loved to catch that face. I love looking back at the beach where we have walked and seeing both our footprints. Mine are a semi straight line and his are up and down and some heavy and some light. It cracks me up. What is in his mind I wonder. As soon as I get batteries I will take some pictures of him at the beach. Praying that it stops raining also.
I sometimes can't believe I am in such a beautiful place and still I am dying to get home. Always greener on the other side I guess.
On the beach today we ran into a family and the Dad was wearing a BYU hat. Of course I asked if they were from Utah and they are. Just visiting family out here. I am in the same ward as the family they are here to see also. Small world. Then i asked where in Utah they are from and they said Orem. That is where I am from. The daughter Nikki went to UVSC and played basketball there. So did I, only a few years before her. She married a Samoan also so they are here visiting his family. I love how our church brings all of us together in one way or another.
While I am at it, I am also grateful for the great people I have met out here in my ward. They have helped me out so much. Taking me in and feeding me. Being a friend to me. Good people!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I can't imagine being alone in a different country without my husband. You are a strong woman! I'm so glad you found some amazing people who take good care of you! How much longer are you out there for? When you get back, we should meet up, I'd love to meet your handsome Kolby!